At Sustainable Hive C.I.C., we’re committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us online, via phone, over email, in letters, in any other correspondence or from third parties.
We take this very seriously and always ensure that we use your information in accordance with all laws concerning the protection of personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE HOLD?
Normally the only information we hold comes directly from you. Whenever we collect information from you, we will make it clear which information is required to provide you with the information, service or goods you need. You do not have to provide us with any additional information unless you choose to.
Examples of the type of information we collect:
– Personal identification information
– Telephone number
– Email address
– Events, including photographs (we will always ask your permission at event registration or ask your to sign a consent form)
– If you volunteer with us or work with us as a partner, or supply us with goods and services then you may provide us with additional information
– If you apply for a job, the information provided in your application
– How you engage with us on social media
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you when you interact with our website. This could include:
– the browser name
– the type of computer
– technical information about your means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
We may use tracking to show you relevant content on social media and to understand what content you engage with on our site, you can manage the privacy settings on your social media accounts, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter if you’d rather not see these.
Sustainable Hive may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
– To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
– To personalise your experience: We may use information to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
– To improve our website: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
– To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others. We do not share personal identification information with partner organisations or any other organisation that we work with. We will never share your data with a third party without telling you. We will share your personal information with colleagues within Sustainable Hive.
How long will we store your information?
We’ll only store your information for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected. Due to laws or regulations this may be up to seven years for some types of information, however it is likely to be shorter. Once it is no longer necessary to store your information, we will delete it.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Revised June 2023